January 20, 2009

Tuesday's Tribute

Tuesday's Tribute
A Jay and Deb Production.


Introducing a wonderful, terrific piece of work.


Introducing a lifesaver.


Introducing number 4 on my list of "Best Inventions Ever".


The..............Baby Gate.




Yes, my friends, today I am dedicating my post to Mr. Gate. He has allowed me to breathe a sigh of relief every day as I lock my 9 month old in her play area and not worry about her finding my plants, going through my cupboards and........*cough*....finding the stairs thinking "I wonder what would happen if I went down those".


Being the wonderful mother that I am, the above has never happened. Not even when I went to feed the dog and came back to the stairs to find Princess putting her hands over the first step with a smile on her face. A good mother would never let that happen. A good mother would catch her before she went thumpety thump down those stairs right?


Thank you Mr. Gate. You have made life much easier on a wonderful mom like myself.

7 comments:

Allison said...

A Good Mother Dedicates Posts to Mr. Gate! I enjoyed this and Monday's post very much. (I am double commenting)

Annie said...

I love your tribute! 2 years ago I could have written the same and added in a round for cabinet locks!

Halftime Lessons said...

Oh amen, sister. My post next week may be entitled, "A tribute to Mr Shackles, and Mrs. Pool Fence"

Love your creativity!!
Jay

Heatherlyn said...

The gates are great! Great gate. Oh, I'm having way too much fun with those two words. It's a nice idea to pay hommage to "ordinary" things that make life so much better.

Deb said...

ahh, the baby gate. yes, truly a lifesaver and tribute worthy!

Kacey said...

Oh Mr. Gate how I love you too! Funny post and I am sure Mr. Gate appreciates his shout out today. :o)

Paige said...

Ah the baby gate---good for dogs too!