May 07, 2009

Princess and the Polka Dot Apron.

I have a bit of an obsession with preserving memories.

Anyone who knows me well, knows that I like my pictures to be organized and in albums. If there is a story for the pictures, I document it, because 10,20,50 years from now, I want my grandchildren to know the importance of the pictures and why they were taken.

I am also obsessed with traditions.

One of the things I started with the kids is taking pictures of each of them on their birthday.

The boys wear one of Mr. Momma's dress shirts. The same one every year.

And Princess wears an apron.

This was Princess' first time considering she is only 1 and our "session" was a complete disaster. She had no interest and refused to sit or even look at the camera for longer than 1 millionth of a second.

Fun.

Not.

Anyways, here are a couple from approximately 98 and to say that these were a few of our best will make you realize how disastrous those 15 minutes were.

Lets hope for more success next year.








PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek








post signature

13 comments:

Wayne said...

what wonderful pictures, what is she playing with in the second one?.

great photo friday

Tammy said...

Cute..and I think I know what she's playing with! Is that a lens cap for a Sony camera? too cute!

Jen said...

it may have been a disaster but is was a cute one.

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

That is an absolutely brilliant idea!

Ryanne said...

Mine won't sit still for two seconds any more either...or if they do it is to make some sort of silly face! I think these are great though...more candid looking!

Mom said...

The smile in the last one is terrific!

Emily said...

Those are still pretty cute! I know the feeling...my little girl is two and still won't sit still!

Kris said...

LOL. Too cute! What a great tradition.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

I like the second one with the apron all bunched up around her feet.

photomommy said...

Very cute! I love her ponytail!

Me said...

Beautiful girl, great pictures. Have a nice weekend, Mama's Words

Lisa said...

Pretty cute for a disaster. :-)

Heatherlyn said...

That is such a good tradition. We might have to pick it up! And she looks so so so cute!