May 08, 2009

Time for a Tour.



Time for a tour of Le Maison de Momma.

That means "Momma's house" in French. I think
I am Canadian and do know very little French believe it or not.

I dont know about you but I love to see the way other people live. I love to share ideas. I love to copy.

And for those of you who get offended when people copy you, you shouldnt. You should be flattered that someone else liked the idea enough to put it in their own home.

So there.

We moved into this home a year ago tomorrow and I still do not have curtains, area rugs and all of the knick knacks that make a house a completed home.

Dont judge. I have three young children. I will do it in the next 20 years.

By then, I will want to redecorate. Or move.

Anyways, this is my living/family room.



Television etc. The table under the television is probably my favourite piece of furniture in the house.


I need something over this loveseat as it is an empty wall.


I also need lamps but am too picky.

And an area rug.



The little rainbow thingy on the floor is a toy.


And beside it (to the left) is a dog bed and toy box.

Just in case you were wondering.



So there you have it my friends. I have let you into my house and kinda feel like I am on the show "Cribs".


Except I am not a celebrity.


And I am not rich.


And I do not own a multi million dollar mansion.


But it is my home and I love it.


Thanks for stopping by.


Au revoir.


That's "goodbye" in French.

Now go check out many, many more living rooms here and copy them. It is ok. I said so.








post signature

22 comments:

Brooke said...

I love the beams and your paint color. Very pretty!!

Jillian said...

I Love your fireplace!!

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

You have great style - I especially love the black and white photos on the mantel!

The Gilliland Family said...

I love your LR. The floors are so pretty too. Thanks for sharing :) Amber

Laurie said...

Love the rockwall fireplace! Great room!

Unknown said...

Love your house :-) those beams are great!

oh and i'm canadian too (who knew?!) but dont have any knowledge of the french i learned . . .

Beth said...

wow such a cute living room! I really love the wide planked floor.

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

LOVE your style. Very similar to my own and what I hope to do in our new house. I love your blinds, where did you get them? We're about to buy some and I'd like to get some like that.

The Swanky Socialite said...

Love the fireplace and the beams! I would love to have those beams in my family room!

Anna said...

You have a great space!

H.K. said...

I love your fireplace & the hardwood floors! I'm like you too, I love looking at other people's houses so I can get decorating ideas.

Our house is very plain, we just moved in less than a year ago, & the walls are naked. It feels like every time I start to decorate, we end up moving! And we have moved 4 times in the past 4 years.

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

LOVE the wood beams!

Bethany said...

I am lovin' your house!!! :)

3boysmom said...

I love both the fireplace and the wood beams. So warm and inviting!

Carrie said...

Love the floors and fireplace! Very pretty!

The Starr Family said...

Beautiful... so serene.

Tabitha Blue said...

Very cute!! Looks so warm and inviting.... great job momma!!

:)
~Tabitha~

freshmommyblog.com

Jen said...

what a cute house. I love the color and the pictures on the mantel and are you sure that you have children b/c there is only ONE toy on the floor. At my house, you can't even walk there are so many toys on the floor.

Southern Fried Gal said...

Hello! Your room is lovely! I really like the fireplace and the pictures are adorable!

twinsplusone said...

I love this space! Great style, colors, and my favorite is the pics on the mantle...priceless! Your blog title is great--

John Deere Mom said...

Such a beautiful room!

Heatherlyn said...

That's cool.

I agree that it does seem to take years to get a house the way you want it to look. We've lived in our house for 3 years and I just finally started to paint the stairway that leads to the upstairs yesterday! I have great hope that at least 1/2 of the upstairs will be paited before the year is up! Homes are works in progress!