December 08, 2009

Things I learned while on vacation

I consider myself a sheltered gal. I havent travelled much in my 34 years unless you count regular trips to the grandparents or our honeymoon in Jamaica.

And there was the 4 day trip to Vegas.

But that's it.

So it was a big deal to finally take a step and book a trip for the famdamily.
All 5 of us.
On a plane.
To another country
.

A possible recipe for disaster.

But it wasnt. It was successful. And dare I say it....awesome.

But I did learn a few things.

*I learned that Americans eat big breakfasts. Every day. While my family nibbled on bagels and croissants, others chowed down on waffles, bacon, eggs....more waffles.....more bacon.

*I learned that saying "pop" instead of "soda" is weird to some Americans. Canadians do not say soda.....ever. If it is a sugary carbonated beverage, it is pop. So there.

*I learned that Americans think Canadians have an accent. Ha.....I think not.

*I learned that people wait until the plane is in the air and then all make their way to the washroom. Ewww. Why cant they go before getting on the plane??????

*I learned that being in the greatest, "funnest" place in the whole entire world does not make my children behave


*I learned that alot of people from Quebec travel to Disney. And when they find out you are from Canada also, they expect you to talk in French. I do not know French. Yes, I studied it throughout my school years, but that was because I had to.

*I learned that I love Minnie Mouse. She makes me happy. That's all.


*I also learned that I want to move to Florida. And work for Disney. And hang out with Minnie.

*And drink lots of pop. And eat big breakfasts. Every day.






Click here to see more random thoughts by other folks. It's fun.




post signature

12 comments:

Design It Chic said...

I'm always weird about using the plane's restroom.. i always go before.. but I'm wondering too, what's up with those people who form a line in front of it as soon as the plane is up in the air??:) weird:P
Anyway..

Happy Randomness!! mine's up too:)

Foursons said...

Big breakfasts are the greatest! And if you're going to eat a big meal breakfast is the one to do it at- you have all day to burn the calories off.

Glad you had a good time!

Cajoh said...

We call it Pop here in Chicago. When we visited my dad in PA one summer my sister got heat from all the kids for saying Pop— "it's Soda" they would insist to her.

I can't stand it when they call it a "continental breakfast" all that means is that it is just a couple of danishes and fruit. Not a breakfast to me.

Thank you for your randomness,

Shana Putnam said...

Sounds like a blast! Glad you ahd a wonderful time and I don't blame you for wanting to live in Florida. My mom's family is from Florida and it is great besides the hurricanes and all...lol.

The Crazy Coxes said...

I skip the big breakfast and just go for the bacon!!! Bacon, bacon, bacon.....and not the Canadian kind! ;)

Love your random and I can't blame you for wanting to just hang out with Minnie!

Heatherlyn said...

I enjoy big breakfasts ... although I admit that I can't seem to finish any big meal.

I love Florida. We've visited a few times and the weather is always so great. Although, we've never been to Disney World. What a fantastic memory you now have with your children!!!

Heatherlyn said...

And, oh yeah, my husband from Idaho calls it Pop. I grew up calling it Soda-Pop (from southern CA). I suppose there are many acceptable names for that carbonated sugary liquid.

annies home said...

with all that said I hope you enjoyed your trip and had a lot of fun

adlovegrove said...

So funny! I'm originally from Michigan so I say Pop too, but when I moved to Florida nobody knew what I was talking about. And they thought I was Canadian because of my "accent"! haha

Jenners said...

Too funny! And I wonder if you ever saw my post about what people call "carbonated" beverages. I can't remember what Florida was but I guess it wasn't pop??!!!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

We took all four kids to Disney a few years ago for the first and only time. We live about an hour and a half away from Disney.
I cried in the Rainforest Cafe. It was most definitely NOT the happiest place on earth that day!

Hilary said...

Everything to us in the South is "coke". You go to a restaurant & ask for a "coke". Then the server will ask you what kind you want. Then you tell them "Dr. Pepper" or "Sprite". Otherwise it's called soda, but that sounds so formal. "Pop" is a dead give-a-way that you're not from 'around these parts'. :-) I'm glad you guys had fun! (And breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. I'd eat it for every meal if I could.)