January 19, 2010

This and That

randomtuesday


*I haven't eaten chocolate in 2 weeks which is probably the longest since I was an infant. Would it be nonsense to say that it is probably the hardest thing I have ever done?

That and giving birth.

*I also haven't drank any pop {soda for all of you Americans} in 2 weeks. I miss it. Alot.

*I watched my family eat poutine and drink pop the other day. It was Hell.

*Confession time. Are you sitting down? I have no clue what a "reader" is. I don't understand it...don't have one...don't know how to get one....and don't know how to find out who else has one.

Apparently people subscribe to my blog with a reader. Who knew? I thought all of those cute lil' pictures under the title "Followers" was the only way to "follow" me.

I am new at this.

And obviously not up to date.

I feel like all of the older people did when computers first came out and they refused to get on the bandwagon because it was too overwhelming. Now, apparently I have to learn about readers and it just terrifies me.

Another sign, I am old.

*Speaking of Followers. I lost one yesterday. Am I the only person who gets upset about this? Did I say something to offend him/her? Am I that boring? Is my insanity coming through in my writing?

I like Followers. They make me feel loved and appreciated.

Unlike my children who constantly tell me I am the "worst mom ever".

*And last, but certainly not least, I give you this picture of Studley with his ears flapping in the wind. Just because it makes me smile.




post signature

20 comments:

Mom in High Heels said...

Excellent RTT. Why would you give up chocolate? Seriously. I don't understand. Dark chocolate is good for you. Eat some!
I have written several times about how bad I feel when I lose a follower. It makes me wonder what I did wrong!

Travel & Dive Girl said...

Poutine and pop - definitely a Canadian thing! Your RTT was fun...

annies home said...

know what you mean about pop it was something I found hard to give up as well

Melanie said...

I use google reader- very handy! Although, I do still visit most websites manually. I just like the experience. Plus it's easier to leave comments.

Foursons said...

You know how I feel about losing followers. Waaaaa!

I have Google Reader, but I don't know how it works.

I have no idea what Poutine is but I do know what pop is and am wondering how the headaches are seeing as how you cut out chocolate and pop all at the same time.

Heatherlyn said...

I think sometimes people just stop blogging and clear off their blog roll. Maybe they get overwhelmed because they are following too many people. I wouldn't take it personally at all. You have a fantastic blog.

I know that the pop isn't good for you. Bu I am having serious sympathy pains about the chocolate! But good for you for sticking with your goal!

Heatherlyn said...

ps (I don't know what the readers are exactly either. And it doesn't even bother me a bit. :) )

Unknown said...

I know what a reader is but I don't use one. I did for a while but I just like using my blog list on the side of my blog.

I always heard others talk about how "overwhelming" it can be if you get behind and I figured I didn't need that in my life.

Kudos to you on the chocolate thing. What's your goal here? Just curious...

Love your pics of Studley!

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Sorry you lost a follower :(

I just started using my Google reader and I love it, it makes it so much easier to follow blogs because they are all on one page.

Good luck on the no chocolate, no soda. You are much braver than me.

koreen (aka: winn) said...

I hope it wasn't me. I was bored last night and I went through my blog, trying to clean up stuff and streamline... including unfollowing blogs that no longer existed. Yes, it's true. I follow blogs that for some reason won't let me on the website. I might have become overenthusiastic with it and knocked a few too many off. It might have been because of a few too many *I* knocked off. (Get it?) Anyways, I'm following you, so I hope it makes up for it (if I'm in fact the culprit). I also love my followers.

P.S. Don't give up on chocolate.

Shana Putnam said...

I don't get upset when I lose followers any more because i figure if they don't like me then I can't help that. I love chocolate.

I am Harriet said...

Your dog looks a lot like my dog. I love the ears.

Have a great Tuesday!
http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2010/01/im-flying-next-week-and-here-is-one.html

Jennifer said...

Studley is ADORABLE! Good luck with the chocolate/pop thing. You're a stronger woman than I!

Jenners said...

How the heck do you read blogs then? Click on links??????? That is how I did it before using a reader ... it will save you so much time. You really must do it. You should easily be able to use Google Reader .. just go to your account and import all the blogs you follow. It is quite easy and so much more efficient!

Hilary said...

I used to save all of my favorite blogs to my bookmarks, but using Google Reader is SOOO much easier. If you go to www.google.com/reader you use your e-mail to login and if you use the same e-mail for your blog, it should automatically upload the blogs you "follow". If it doesn't, just copy the blog address & paste it into "Add a Subscription". It's so much better than manually checking up on blogs! Good luck with it, and if you need any help, don't hesitate to ask!

Jen said...

I get a little sad when I lose a follower too. I think that we all do but people's reading choices change. Its not you.

~*Jobthingy*~ said...

i dont know what a reader is either. dont sweat it.

MMmmMmmm poutine and pop.

Chrisy Bates said...

stopping by for a blog visit...I love the picture, he looks like he is in deep thought...

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

I am totally depressed, just reading about you giving up chocolate and soda. I'm going to have extra now, in your honor.
I couldn't live without my reader. I use Bloglines. It tells me when the blogs I've subscribed to have been updated. Keeps me organized. (ha!)
You're in my reader! =)

Emmy said...

I feel sad when I lose followers too. And I so call it pop.