May 03, 2011

A Life Changing Event

In 3 days, our life here at the home front is about to change drastically.
Remember Ike and Duke the horses?
You see, they have been living with some nice people until everything was ready for them here.
And foolishly I thought that maybe, just maybe we would never be ready for them and the nice people would care for them forever.
It is so much easier that way.
And less stinky.

But, instead, my husband has been working tirelessly because he wants them to live at our house.
The nerve.

The fence is finished.
DSC_0976

Gates installed.
DSC_0977

Stalls {almost} finished.
DSC_0993

Shovelling poo clothing bought.
DSC_0990

And children are losing sleep over the excitement.
DSC_0983

Wish us luck and stay tuned for the big arrival pictures.
I will be the one with the "Oh crap, what have we done?" look on my face.

sevenclownbutton
See more Wordful Wednesday posts here
youcapture4-1
See more outdoors pictures here

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Can I send my kids to summer camp at your house! ;) Can't wait to see and hear how it goes!!

Gigi said...

I think Elaine's got the right idea! Open a little summer camp and then you will have lots of little muckers, groomers, feeders, exercisers paying you to come do all that.

Karen said...

Stinky?? Best smell in the world...

Honestly you will love it...such giant gentle creatures.

If you need help, please let me know.

And please tell me I can invite myself whenever I want!

Heatherlyn said...

As long as your sons continue to wear their poo shoveling gear and do all that work I think you'll be OK with it. It will be magical for them. In many many ways they have an ideal childhood and no clue that they even do. Give them about 15 years and they will start to say "Wow I had a great childhood. Wow my parents were amazing!"

Anti-Supermom said...

My sister had/has horses, absolutely loves having them.

Great photos!

Happiest WW~

Colleen said...

My girls would give anything to have horses in the backyard, but they generally frown on that here in suburbia. :(
Enjoy the horses!

Alyssa said...

Ohh think of all the photos you can get of horses. I would love to live next door to a horse so I could photograph them :)

Jen said...

Horses, how exciting!

Stacy Uncorked said...

Oh how exciting! Your hubby did an awesome job on the fencing, gates and stalls! I'm looking forward to the home coming pictures! :)

WW: Dragon Princess

Regina Lynn said...

Sweet! Things look like they're coming along great! I imagine we'll be doing this in a few years too, if we don't already have the fence fixed to keep a few cows in by then.

Regina Lynn said...

Sweet! Things look like they're coming along great! I imagine we'll be doing this in a few years too, if we don't already have the fence fixed to keep a few cows in by then.

Jenners said...

This is big. And I'm sure you'll get some great blog stories out of it!

Jennifer said...

Great shots! Love the name of your blog. Word sister. ;)