April 26, 2016

Alone

Oh, hi.  
Long time, no talk.
Life went and got all busy and stuff, when I really just want to sit down and watch Dr. Phil and eat ice cream.
In my plaid jammies.
With my hair up.
And zit cream on.

Whatever.

So the other day when I was at the gym on the treadmill, I was deep thinking in between my near-death deep breaths.

I.Am.Alone.

Like, me, myself and I alone.  
No one I need to tell when I'm going out or going to be late.  No one I need to share a closet or bathroom with.  No one I have to buy red meat for....
...or peppers and onions...
...or rice pudding.

I.Am.Alone.

If I die tomorrow, there will not be a husband/partner's name in my obituary.  There won't be a grieving man standing over my photos.

As that thought crossed my mind, I looked around at the other men at the gym.
And I was totally OK with being alone.

Ew.

But I do need a handyman.  That's all.  
I'll invite him over to replace the pot lights in my basement, fix the bricks at the front of the house, hang some pictures and maybe rip up my carpet and replace with hardwood.

He can stay for a drink.

Then I'll ask him to put together my deck chairs....
...and go with me to purchase a BBQ.
When he carries it to my backyard, I'll give him some cashews or some manly snack.
And I will nicely ask him to put it together for me.
And see if he can stain my deck.

Then I will send him off on his way.
And I will be alone.

With my fixed up house.


4 comments:

Gigi said...

It's good that you are okay with being alone. Truly. As for that handyman - as long as you write him a check he will be happy to do those things for you...and he probably won't argue with you about the way you want it done.

Pier21cdn said...

Excellent idea!!! Pay a handyman, pay him, sit back and have glass of something and enjoy!!! 💕 toyou!!

Unknown said...


Admin, if not okay please remove!

Our facebook group “selfless” is spending this month spreading awareness on prostate cancer & research with a custom t-shirt design. Purchase proceeds will go to cancer.org, as listed on the shirt and shirt design.

www.teespring.com/prostate-cancer-research

Thanks

Dylan Brandon said...

Good news this is to everyone out there with different health challenges, as I know there are still a lot of people suffering from different health issues and are therefore looking for solutions. I bring you Good news. There is a man called Dr Itua herbal practitioner who helped cure me from HSV (2). I have suffered from this disease for the past 5 years and I have spent so much money trying to survive from it. I got my healing by taking the herbal medicine Dr Itua sent to me to drink for about 14 days . 3 days after completion of the dosage, I went for a medical checkup and I was tested free from HSV. All thanks to God for leading me to Dr Itua who was able to cure me completely from this deadly disease. I’m sharing this so that other people can know of this great healer called Dr Itua because I got to know him through Elizabeth who he cured from HPV . I was made to understand that he can cure several other deadly diseases and infections. Don’t die in ignorance or silence and don’t let that illness take your life. Contact Dr Itua through his email (drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com) You can also order from his webstore https://drituaherbalcenter.com/shop/. He cure all forms of disease {1}HIV/AIDS {2}DIABETES {3}EPILEPSY {4} BLOOD CANCER {5} HPV {6} BRAIN TUMOR {7} HEPATITIS {8}COPD{9} SICKLE AND ANAEMIA.etc Be kind enough to share as you received