November 19, 2008

Wordful Wednesday-Discipline

My oldest is almost 7.

My oldest is in grade 1.

My oldest has developed some terrible habits.


*bad language

*attitude

*bad temper

*selective listening (listening when he feels like it and not listening MOST of the time)

The list goes on.

My evening last night went like this.

After using terrible language, copping an attitude and refusing to listen to his dear, kind mother, my oldest was sent to his room for the night.

"I hate you" was said to me many times. Socks were thrown in my direction. Alot of tears were shed. Then I was offered $20.

"Mom, I will give you $20 if you let me out of my room"

I admit, I thought about it for a second. The funds are kinda low with Christmas coming.....but I refused.


Then these were thrown down the stairs.




Translation ("Please can I come down")

Ohhhhh....if life was that easy.....................

Go here for more Wordful Wednesday posts

5 comments:

tiarastantrums said...

OMG - that made me tear up!!!!! Precious!! Boys - love them!!

Claremont First Ward said...

I needed this today. Offering you the money was priceless. And the notes. Love em.

Michelle said...

Wow, twenty dollars. I might have been tempted too!

The note was a nice touch.

Susie said...

Bribery will get you no where:-) Hee, hee, hee.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. I'm so so scared. I was that girl at times. I'm in for it.