January 12, 2009

Writer's Block

I am experiencing a severe case of it so instead of driving myself nuts over what to write, I will post one of my favourites from my other space on this land of the Net.

Recently I received a neat email about Grade 1 kids. They were given the beginning of some well known phrases and then finished them with their own thoughts. I did this with my Grade 1 little man and LOVE what he came up with!

Never underestimate the power of.............children.

You can lead a horse to water, but...............you can not let it go.

Don't bite the hand that........is dirty.

No news is.........no news.

You can't teach an old dog new............toys. (????)

A penny saved is..................a dollar.

Children should be seen and not.................hit in the butt.

If at first you don't succeed..........get a tractor.

When the blind lead the blind..............you can't see.

Try it with your kids...I would love to see what answers they give you! Or....pass on some other well known phrases to use with my own little munchkins.


No comments: