April 14, 2009

Dear Mother Nature....

Hi. It's me Momma. You know. The one who writes many letters to you throughout the year? Yes. I am the skinny, *cough* pretty one. I am so glad that you remember me.

I am writing this letter because I have a beef with you. I am not quite sure what having a "beef" really means so I will say it in other words.

I am angry with you.

That's right.

Momma is not a happy Momma right now.

Because of you.

Don't walk away. And DO NOT throw out this letter until you have read every single word.

Please.

I understand that I live in an area of the world where we are privileged to experience 4 very different seasons. Each of them having many pros and many cons. Each of them providing many opportunities for different activities, scenery and experiences.

I like it actually.

But when the calendar says that the season is Spring, I get excited. Usually that means more sun.

Birds chirping.

Trees blossoming.

Flowers peeking.

Children playing outdoors.

No more snow.

Did you read that last one?

NO MORE SNOW!

So when you decided to pound us with a snowstorm last week I was taken aback. I had already washed snow pants and packed them away. Winter boots were taken to the basement and rubber boots brought out.



What on earth were you thinking? Did you just want to have the last word? Were you trying to make some sort of point that I am clueless about?

I almost cried. The tears came but I held it together for my kids.

I realize that you are much bigger than me and have much more control but I am begging. I am on my knees pleading with you to stop the snow. Stop the cold temperatures.

Please.

It is Spring. I would appreciate it if you warmed things up a bit so I could rewash and repack our winter clothing. I would appreciate it if you made it warm enough for my kids to spend more than 10 minutes at a time outdoors.

What do I have to do? Is there something you want? You tell me and I will do it.

Within reason of course.

Thanks muchly.

Momma



Tuesday's Tribute
A Jay and Deb Production.













post signature

13 comments:

lmt1073 said...

Oh you poor thing. I completely sympathize although I cannot begin to fathom the cold ya'll are feeling. If it's 40 here I'm freezing... lol

Lisa@saltandlightstudio said...

I too almost cried last week. Wretched snow!

I have been lamenting this time last year when I was wearing shorts and sitting on my back porch half the day.

Sigh. It will come again. Eventually.

BlogBaby

Halftime Lessons said...

LOL oh wow...I feel you.

But I have to say, despite how frustrated you must be, I LOVED this tribute!!

Hang in there...there's always global warming...

;-)

Jay

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

aww sorry about the snow. We never get any down here, but it is rather windy and rainy today. Great post.

Kelly Deneen Raymond said...

I understand! Mother Nature needs to understand that we want spring to spring already!!

Heatherlyn said...

Great post! I wish that it would not revert back and forth between seasons. Does Mother Nature have any idea what a pain it is to keep the winter clothing AND the spring clothing on hand? It's a mess!

debi9kids said...

LOL! So sorry you are getting snow in the spring.... that does stink!
All we have gotten is rain, rain & more rain. UGH!

Try to have a happy Tuesday!

Unknown said...

awwww I hope that all melts and you dont have to see it again till next winter

Unknown said...

Well, I cannot relate since snow is a VERY rarely used word around here. But I can offer you a place to stay for some respite. C'mon on down to Texas. It's NOT as hot as blazes... yet... ; )

Hope you get your Spring soon.

Anonymous said...

We really don't see much of Spring around here until June. It stinks.

Twisted Cinderella said...

I woke up to a dusting of snow on the ground this morning. I was NOT impressed.

Texasholly said...

You tell her!

You are right. Seasons should be seasons.

Good luck with that.

Mariah said...

SNOW!!!! Yeah, we have a problem with Global Warming here in Michigan as well. I had flowers popping their pretty little heads out and then we woke up to snow. And it did it again yesterday...ARGH! You can sign my name to the bottom of your letter as well. Mine got returned with an evil grin on it:)