July 03, 2009

*Insert Little House on the Prairie music here*

Do you know who this is?



If not, shame on you.
It is Laura Ingalls from Little House on the Prairie.

I loved that show.
I loved Laura.
I wanted to be Laura.
I even wore my hair like hers.


I loved their little log house in the middle of nowhere.


The ladder thing up to their bedroom.


Their clothing.


Their bonnets.


Their one-room school.


Mrs. Beatle


I even loved Nellie the mean girl.


I really loved Pa.


And how he called Laura "half-pint".


Oh, how I wished I lived in Walnut Grove.


To me it was the perfect life.


A simple, but perfect life.


If I had to name my favourite show of all time, this one would be it.


Yes. Really.


Although I haven't watched an entire episode in approximately 20+ years so I may have a different opinion in the quality of acting etc.


Because I am an expert in quality television shows.


Hello....Rock of Love Bus.


Now that is quality television.


So here are my questions for you.


What is your favourite TV show ever?


Did you watch Little House?


Did you want to be like Laura? Nellie? Pa?


Did you dream about having a ladder that went up to your bedroom?


Just wondering.


Photobucket






post signature

16 comments:

East Coast Wahine said...

What a cute photo, you look just like her! I loved Gilligan's Island!

I am Harriet said...

I never got into the show.

http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/07/fridays.html

AudreyO said...

I never watched the show. I'm not sure I have a favorite show. I really only watch two shows, American Idol and Survivor. I like them both but they're not "favorites"

Nori Duran said...

I have a few favorites: I Love Lucy, Threes Company, Little House on the Praire, Too Close For Comfort, and these were all as a kid lol.

I loved the entire cast, even annoying Nellie. And yes, I so wanted a ladder going up to my room, I even wanted to leave in a cozy little house like theres.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I loved Little House on the Prairie.

I can't think of any favorite tV shows . . . maybe Star Trek.

Unknown said...

Love the picture. I love Little House on the Prairie.
But right now I love Love comes softly, and Loves long journey -- etc.

Brandi said...

I don't know what my all time favorite show is...Now that I am older I love Greys...but when I was little I loved Dirty Dancing (no I wouldn't let my daughter watch that now!) and Greese, I wanted to be Sandy. Or as for kids shows I loved The little Mermaid. I love the water so I would have loved to be her!

Jennifer said...

My reltives lived on Plum Creek and near Walnut Grove, so we always went to the Laura Ingalls Wilder Parade. I love the show and the books. I always wanted to be Mary.

Heatherlyn said...

I remember watching the show a lot. I read all the books and enjoyed them even more. I always wanted to go back in time and be friends with Laura, but take modern conveniences like Cheetos with me. :)

Unknown said...

i actually hated laura ingalls.

but i loved the show.

i had a crush on pa.

favourite show from when i was young?

i'd have to say "who's the boss"...or "the hogan family".

andy:)

Liz Mays said...

Heck yeah, I watched it! I read the whole book series too, a couple of times. Quite frankly, if I had it, I'd read it again. When I pick a time in the past where I'd like to go if given the opportunity that would be it. Obsessed much?

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

Loved Little House on the Prairie and Melissa Gilbert. I am waiting to read her new book that recently came out.

What is your favourite TV show ever? - Hard to pick. Love Little House, Mork & Mindy, The Nanny, and a few others.

Did you watch Little House? - Would spend summer mornings watching the reruns with my neighborhood friend.

Did you want to be like Laura? Nellie? Pa? - Admired Laura since I wanted to be a teacher.

Did you dream about having a ladder that went up to your bedroom? - No can not say that I did.

Anonymous said...

I loved, loved, loved that show! I wanted to be Laura but my hair was never long enough for the braids. My favorite show of all time is probably Family Ties - I had a huge crush on Alex P. Keaton!

Becca said...

I never watched Little House. My fave show was probably the original 90210 from when I was a kid.

Mariah said...

GIRL. I love you! I totally wanted to be Laura. Wanted a ladder to the room. Wanted Michael Landon as my father. Sorry dad. I was so bummed when she grew up. We watched it every week as a family with the lights out (the poor mans movie theater) and when the show was done and Pa was smiling and crying...so was my dad. Thanks for the memory lane!!!!!

Tara said...

Oh my word that is so funny.. I am sitting here watching the final House and the Prairie movie on Hallmark lol I love it!