July 10, 2009

Stop here for a Tour




Welcome back tourists!
This week I will be showing you my front foyer. Which is really my back foyer because we rarely use our front door.
Sorry to confuse you.
My family is different.
Unique is a word I like to use when describing us.
It just sounds better.


Here is the door with which we enter our dwelling.


Mr. Momma just painted it and I would say it looks pretty freakin' fabulous, wouldn't you?


Here is my decorative birdhouse. It welcomes our guests and just sits in the corner and looks nice. Rustic is a word I like to use when describing many of our accessories in our home. And I like to just say the word.



Rustic.



This picture hangs above the large doorway when you enter the newly painted freakin' fabulous door. "You Build a House with Wood and Stone. But only Love can Build a Home."



Everyone say "Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww"



Our mud room is off to the immediate right when you enter the home. I have shown this picture before in this post.


I have also shown this picture, but you would know that already if you clicked on my link above.



There you have it.


I know. Not the most exciting tour ever.


It is all I have.


I am not a big foyer decorator..


Unless it involves dirty shoes and muddy dog footprints.






post signature

11 comments:

Heather said...

Love your front door and I so wish I had a mudroom!! Everything looks so pretty!

{Kimber} said...

Just found your blog through Chapman Crazyhouse...I love it!!!!!! :)
and I love this post...I may have to start my own tours........I love seeing other peeps houses!
have a great weekend! :)

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

I love your big rustic birdhouse!

Jen said...

I LOVE your house.

Heatherlyn said...

I think your mud room is exciting. That's probably because it's the one room we don't have that I would really like to have. :)

morethanthestarsinthesky said...

Great foyer and mudroom! Did ya'll make the cabinet? I wish I had a mudroom, but no. Your blog looks great very clean and fresh!


Amanda

Kristin said...

Love the cabinet for coats and shoes. Where on earth does one find such a thing! It's fabulous!

Unknown said...

Love your door (front/back/whatever).

All our friends use our back door so I like to think I must be a friend :)

Love your rustic stuff - great word, and could be used many times in our holiday cottage too.

It is in Northern Ireland, hope you can drop in and say "hi".

Love the cubbies in your mud room (ours is a utility room at home - main home, not holiday cottage) and you can see it and my kitchen (main home again!) which were recently made over on my blog too.

Thanks for sharing.

I'll be back :)

Unknown said...

I love the picture in your foyer, very true words!

Julia said...

I WANT your foyer (entry?) whatever you call it. I NEED THAT!! :)

Jenners said...

The front door colors are AWESOME! Looks fantastic. And I have serious serious entryway/mudroom/foyer envy.