November 10, 2009

Toots and Rumbles

If I haven't mentioned it a hundred times already, I have known Mr. Momma since we were wee little children.

We grew up together. Talked on the phone every single night.

During our many conversations we discussed bodily functions.

Tooting to be more specific.

Mr. Momma informed me that he had a special acid in his digestive system that prevented him from tooting.

Really. He did.

Brilliant, I know.

Now, I may have had some stupid moments during my lifetime but I did not believe his story although I wished I was smart enough to think it up myself.

Annnnnnyways, I quickly realized that this special acid did not exist and I married him anyways.

So my question for you today on this Blog Hop is

Do you and your partner openly release gases in front of eachother?

I know. Its a silly, meaningless question but I love talking about toots and poops. We are all human and unless you have a special acid that prevents you from being like everyone else in the human race, lets chat about it. It could be funny.


MckLinky Blog Hop








post signature

14 comments:

Surfie said...

I prefer to keep my toots on the down-low when I can, but my DH will let it rip without thinking twice! My brother and his wife, however, are even more comfortable with bodily functions - when they were dating, they used to sit on each other and toot! (By the way, I love the word "toot"! It makes me giggle.)

Krafty Max Originals said...

I suppose we do, but after 15 years we still say 'excuse me' or 'run fo recover' or such!! ~KM

Suburban Hooker said...

One of us has even been known to use it as a weapon!

Live.Love.Eat said...

That is hysterical what your hubs told you. As for me and hubs, nope, I have never heard him toot toot once and I like it that way. And he never pees with me in the bathroom either.

adlovegrove said...

oh my gosh soo funny! DH and I have known eoachother my whole life to! (i say my whole life because hes 8years older and was there the day i was born, odd i know) Anyways, my husband does not hide his gas or bodily functions! lol I 'toot' in front of him too, hey if you can't feel comfortable in front of your hubby theres got to be a problem!

Shana Putnam said...

Yep, sadly we both do. I didnt in the beginning but man I had to fight back somehow!!

Sweet Joni said...

LMBO! =D I'm now living alone but whomever comes to visit gets to hear the real thing... toot is as natural as a hic-cup or burp. Now, if @ a restraunt hopefully they are 'silent' LOL

Clare & Tim said...

He does. I, however, have him "convinced" that girls do not do such things! :)

Unknown said...

Yes, we do and have since we dated. Hey, I grew up in a house with four males. Nothing was sacred. Plus we just think it's really funny!!

Laura said...

hahaha! I LOVE this question!! And yes we do. All the time. Our kids are pretty good at it too. :)

Foursons said...

I ashamed to admit- but yes, we let it go in front of each other. However, I do try to control it in front of my boys. I don't need them going to school and talking about me to their teachers and friends. :)

Heatherlyn said...

Well, it is inevitable sometimes if you spend a lot of time together. But my husband still gets embarassed and says "excuse me" every single time! I always just kind of pretend like I didn't. :)

Mama Sammi said...

Too funny! My hubby and I do. He thinks girls shouldn't. I however boast it was one of the two things my dad taught me and my sisters well :) Plus now we have two girls who can rip them with the best and they think it is so funny. Of course in our own home not in public they are little ladies ya know ;)

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

We definitely do it in front of each other and discuss it at length. Just this morning we had a conversation about gas. I also describe particularly noteworthy poops to him. We're fun like that!