April 26, 2010

Momma the McFatty

I am almost there folks.
I am in my last 2 weeks of weight loss and have less than 5 pounds to go.
Amen.

But I have a confession.

I am scared.
I am terrified to be given a bit of independence when it comes to eating.

For the last 14+ weeks I have been given meals to make and have made those meals according to what is written in front of me.
I have been weighed 3 times a week.
I have recorded every bit of food that went into my mouth.
I have been measured once a week.
I have lost 25 pounds.
34 inches.

I am happy at the weight I am at right now and eventually would like to tone up my jiggly bits but in the meantime I am going to have to...well...live...without meals being given to me every week.

Eek. How am I going to maintain my weight?
Have I really learned everything I needed to learn to be out on my own in the land of yummy food?
Will I be able to resist soda, chocolate, alcohol and not go overboard when I do indulge every once in awhile?



I frickin hope so.



Check out Blair's progress here.






5 comments:

Heather Burton said...

That's awesome Vikki! You will do great on your own. You can still record everything you eat if that helps you. I use a great website called myfitnesspal.com. I am here for you if you need any support. I am on the same journey & will ensure you don't give up!

Michelle said...

First, congratulations on your weight loss. 25 pounds is awesome. My advice to is to keep paying close attention to what you eat and weighing yourself. You will figure out what works and what doesn't in order to maintain your weight loss.

Good luck.....I know it isn't an easy road.

Foursons said...

Congrats. You'll do great!

Jenners said...

You've done great work ... but I can see why you'd be worried about entering the "real" world. Best of luck. You don't want to give up all the hard-earned weight loss do you?

Heatherlyn said...

Maybe weight watchers. Or maybe pre-made meals for the rest of your life. Usually, people lose wieght because they eat a certain way and exercize a certain amount and if they stop or change what they do they gain it back. So ... yeah. You'll have to figure out a new plan so that you don't undo all your hard work!