April 14, 2011

This list might make me look like a weirdo, but I am not. Unless you count that time I wore two different shoes to the salon.

Confession time.
I don't read very much.

But I like to read.

Especially People magazine, because holding on to worthless information about Charlie Sheen and Lindsay Lohan is about all my brain can take right now.

But...

I went to Cuba recently and had an entire week without television and Internet...and children to interrupt me.  I met up with the lawn chair and beach every day to read this book.

Columbine. 
31crJ0O423L__SL500_AA300_
I know what you're thinking.
Why on earth would you read such a horrific story while lying on the beach? 
Well, I will tell you.
Because true stories intrigue me.  Human behaviour intrigues me.
That's why.

I finished the book that week and loved every single page.  I highly recommend it.  If you are interested in learning about human behaviour and why sick people do unthinkable things, that is. If not, then that is A-OK with me.

At this very moment I am in the middle of this book.  Written by a fellow blogger {who experienced the tragic loss of his wife just one day after she gave birth to their daughter}, who I stalk daily, this book is touching, tragic, uplifting and I am loving every single word.
I am not just saying that because I stalk him.
But, like I said, I am intrigued by true stories and..well...I feel like I know him.
This book is his story about the loss of his wife and dealing with his grief while raising their daughter Maddy.
51u9VX82JiL__SL500_AA300_
Read it.  Now.  Have tissues handy.  And then hug your spouse and kids.

*Books on my READ SOON list

Stiff.  Because this stuff fascinates me.  And I like the title. 
51AhnoyhzKL__BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU15_
A New Kind of Monster.  Because I am fascinated by big wig military psychopathic serial killers who think they are above the law.  And I want to know how this sicko thought he could get away with it all.
Because looking at his face gives me the heebie jeebies and the fact that no one knew about his secret life just..well....I just dont get it.
Doesn't he scare you?

517ttdefHzL__SL500_AA300_
The Story of Edgar Sawtelle

51eq+5gAw9L__BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU15_
Cinderella Ate My Daughter
My three old daughter is obsessed with princesses, high heel shoes, pwetty dresses and makeup.  She has two older brothers and a mother who lives in jeans, sweatshirts and running shoes.
Human behaviour.
Fascinating.
519pAuq9ZYL__BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU15_
The Horse Boy
41h4U7oiecL__SL500_AA300_

And just for fun and pure entertainment, I will definitely be reading this book when it is released in two years. I like to plan ahead.
Roses and Thorns
51uHUh3sVnL__SL500_AA300_

Check out what others are reading here.
 
*I'm posting this early so check the link on Friday or just go say hi to Kelly and congratulate her on her new baby Hollis.
 
k thanks bye

4 comments:

Jen said...

Very interesting list. I usually go for fiction but these look good.

Gigi said...

I love to read and can spend whole days curled up with a book, if they'll let me. I usually go for fiction too, but will sometimes enjoy a non-fiction book just to stir things up. I'm going to look into a couple of these

Tabitha Blue said...

Oh great list. I haven't read most of them, but this makes me want to... I would love to read more than I do. And OMG, Two Kisses for Maddy... I want to read that one!! :)

~Tabitha

Jenners said...

It warms my heart whenever a blogger posts about reading books. You've got quite the eclectic list of books to read. From Columbine to Bret Micheals...with a serial killer in between...that makes my head spin. You'll love Mary Roach...she is a favorite of mine!