September 13, 2011

The Cat Whisperer

Guys, it has happened.
I have fallen madly in love with Smokey the barn cat.
DSC_1177
Smokey the barn cat is one of two feral kittens we brought to live in our barn so they could protect us all from...um...mice.

But I think the farmer people lied to us because Smokey the barn cat is nowhere close to a feral cat.
He is, in fact, the most lovable, social cat I have ever been around, and I love him.
I love him so much, I want to bring him in our house, feed him expensive tuna and cook him up some fancy cat treats.

One problem.
He doesn't love me.
He loves the three year old undies-wearer who enjoys pulling his tail and pushing him in her stroller.
DSC_1165

He follows her everywhere she goes.
Even in her tree house thing and in the back of Daddy's pick up truck.
If she is in the garden, he is right beside her.
DSC_1194
If she is on the deck, he is laying right there with her.
When she runs up towards him, he stands there waiting for some lovin' instead of running and hiding like a feral cat should.
And he gets it.
Some gentle cuddles and soft, kind words.
She even calls him "Sweetie".
She.Calls.Him.Sweetie
and I totally die from all of the cuteness.
DSC_1179
But when I call him Sweetie, he flashes me his butt hole and walks away.
 
I like Dumb mom.  You will too.
 

5 comments:

Gigi said...

Yeah, cats are persnickety that way.

Heatherlyn said...

LOL. That is too funny! I bet if you start giving him tuna he might at least hang around you long enough to get the tuna. :) How awesome that he is so sweet with your little princess though!

Emily said...

I am jealous! I want to be a cat whisperer - SO BADLY! Maybe I will try walking around in my panties?? Ha-ha.

Unknown said...

He must be more of a "kid" cat.

He is a gorgeous animal...

Susan Cook said...

Cute! don't know how many mice are being caught- lol.