December 18, 2011

Ike the Horse and Fluffy the Bunny

Ike the Horse and I are very close.
Ike will actually push Duke out of the way when I try to show him some attention, just to show him that I love him more.
And I do love my Ikey Wikey.
 Except he is...umm...simple
A rascal.
Troublemaker.
Shit Disturber.
DSC_0259
If there is trouble to get into, Ike will find it. DSC_1234
So it isn't weird at all to walk into the barn in the morning to find Ike out of his stall....
...hay everywhere....
...poop everywhere...
...wheelbarrows on their side...
...shattered cat/bunny bowls
...crushed plastic drawers...
And Ike...
all four legs inside the bunny "stall".....
.... with Fluffy the 30 pound rabbit sleeping peacefully at his foot.

True story.
Next time I will take a picture to prove it.
 

***OK....maybe not, because, not too long after I wrote this, Fluffy the 30 pound cat passed away peacefully, alone in her stall.

I am convinced she had a heart attack due to her fear of a 2000 pound horse.

RIP Fluffy
DSC_1186

We are now a bunny-less household.
And I am ok with that.

3 comments:

The Lovely One said...

Oh, I am so sorry for your loss... even if you are ok with being bunnyless now!

Gigi said...

I'm sorry to hear about Fluffy. But I'm sure you are right. Because I know I would die from fright if I found Ike sleeping in my bed.

Jenners said...

I'm sorry about Fluffy's passing but it does seem awfully coincidental!