December 01, 2011

The way things used to be.......and now

Once upon a time there was a man named "Mommas husband".
He spent months and months...hours and hours...$$$$$ and more $$$$ preparing his beautiful property.
Bulldozing, digging, planting grass seed and alot of tender loving care turned our back field into a beautiful bath of soft green...umm.....grass.
Many people told us that we should open a driving range because of how beautiful and lush it looked.

I like the word lush.
I should use it more.

True story.  When I used to get all motivated and stuff I would even run laps around the field because I didn't want to be seen in public running.
Studley sat in the middle and supervised.

The boys would dirt bike around the field over and over and over again.
Then they would snowmobile around and around until their fingers were too cold.
Or they fought with each other and had to come in the house.

I had dreams of becoming a rich and famous photographer using our property as a special location for sessions.
Or we could rent it out to other rich and famous photographers for alot of money.
A girl can dream right?

But anyways.....

Now we have horses and our field looks....ummm....a little different.
DSC_1193
DSC_1190
DSC_1203
DSC_1195
DSC_1204 DSC_1192 DSC_1189 DSC_1200
 
 
Give me your best shot at Better in BulkPhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and Lolli

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

Ohh the joy of horses! That's the reason mine will always live on any other property except my own ;) Except I'd love to wake up& see them in a field!

debi10kids said...

you know what, it still looks absolutely beautiful but in a totally different way :)

Jenners said...

Yes … lush is not the word that leaps to mind now …but I love this field more I think!