January 23, 2012

I held a newborn recently


HUGE announcement!
You might want to sit down for this.
Take a deep breath.
Get a drink.
This is so huge that I have had to re-think writing this post more than few times because I just wasn't 100% positive that it could be true.

I held a newborn recently.
My {notsolittle} cousin's newborn, almost 6 pound beauty.
I smelled her.
Admired her.
Smelled her again.
Admired her again....
and again.
DSC_0438

Then I gave her back.
And did not wish to have another one inside my body.


5 comments:

Gigi said...

You and me both (although am currently nostalgic for a little guy). But keep the baby pictures coming - those I love. You know....because they aren't "real" babies that I have to deal with!

FourJedis said...

I just experienced this recently. It was bizarre, unexpected, yet refreshing.

Jenners said...

That is the way to experience a newborn!

Jennifer said...

That is such a great feeling.

Unknown said...

I have no problem giving them back too. BUT. I did post baby pictures today just because I'm nostalgic for my last baby. NOT because I want more... ;)