February 14, 2012

Crocs


I used to hate Crocs.
I could never understand why anyone would spend their hard-earned money on rubber, fugly shoes.
I was shocked when my Mom actually wore hers in public.
I swore I would never wear them....ever.

Until I tried them on.
And wore them for abit.
My feet fell in love with them.
DSC_0631
My almost 37 year old, high arched, bony, long, skinny feet made themselves at home and let me know that I should wear them more often.

I now wear them every day as "slippers".
DSC_0630
Because our home is full of hardwood and tile and my almost 37 year old, high arched, bony, long, skinny feet need comfort.

And I have almost convinced myself that I should actually wear them in public.

7 comments:

Gigi said...

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Don't tell me you've fallen over to the "dark" side!

Wear them in the house - if you must - but NEVER wear them in public....I'm begging you!

Jenners said...

They are comfy .. that is why they were them in hospitals and stuff. They are ugly as all heck but still .. comfort over looks!

S said...

Hey, I'm with you! My hubby is a nurse and Crocs are his favorite shoes ever. I used to think they were the most hideous shoes EVER--until I wore them while pregnant. I now own 2 pairs, and I suspect that I'll be getting more once I start clinicals. They are actually making them a little prettier. Check out these ones for Princess-- http://www.sugar-and-spice-and-everything-nice.com/2012/01/crocs.html

Andrea said...

As fugly as they are.... they are my go to get out of the house quick mom shoes!

RobynHTV said...

There aren't a whole lot of fabulous things about getting older, but one of the big ones is that you don't have to stress about how other people see you anymore. So go ahead, wear those Crocs! Of course that's easy for me to say, I don't have a pair (yet)!

T.J. said...

I had never even heard of them and then we moved to Vermont 7 years ago and everyone had them! We wanted to fit in and all so... yup, I got a bright orange pair and I do wear them out of the house- to garden ;)

Stacy Uncorked said...

Hmmmm...we have wood floors throughout our house and I'm thinking maybe I should break down and get a pair of Crocs to wear around the house, since you love them. :)


Snow Bunny or Not?