December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas


Once again the Christmas season has eaten me up and swallowed me whole.
I swore I would be done everything early and allow myself to relax, but, well, I have realized that is just not my style.
I need pressure.
I need to procrastinate until I have no choice but to get off of my butt and get crap done.

And that is what has happened.
Along with being incredibly sad that my Daddy isn't here to celebrate the holidays with us.
He was never a fan of the shopping/wrapping part of the holiday but when the day came, he was just as {if not more} excited than all of us.
I will miss him opening up the packages and putting everything together without reading the directions first.

I feel him though.
I know he is here and in some weird way, it is helping me get through all of this.
I remember last year when he was really sick and we all were praying for a miracle.
He put on a smile and brave face the entire time even though all he really wanted to do was sit in his chair in the comfort of his own living room.

So, although he is not here physically, I know he is still here......without any pain or sickness.
For that I have to be grateful.
I guess.

Tonight as the kids put on their matching Christmas pyjamas. As they hang their stockings and put out cookies and milk for Santa. I will be grateful.
Because no matter how craptastic this year was, I have so many that I love and love me.
My life is good.
My children are healthy and happy.

And we are so lucky to have our very own Christmas Angel.

Wishing a wonderful holiday to all of you.
hugs and smooches

4 comments:

Foursons said...

Merry Christmas Vikki. I know it's a hard one for you, but I also believe your dad is right there with you celebrating. I have an ornament that says,

I love you all dearly,
now don't shed a tear.
I'm spending my Christmas
with Jesus this year.

I don't know if it helps you, but I always smile everytime I look at it.

Gigi said...

Sending you hugs Vikki, I know it's been tough. Have a Merry Christmas. And I know that your dad is there with you. xo

Twisted Cinderella said...

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas day! Merry Christmas.

Jenners said...

I think you have a good perspective on missing your dad. At least he isn't in pain anymore and is looking down and enjoying the fun.

Merry Christmas.