January 30, 2014

Trixie

When I was young, a family member had a dog, named Trixie.
I'm not sure what happened, but somehow Trixie ended up with us.
Trixie was a unique creature, but I still loved her dearly.
She kinda looked like this.
Except this dog is kinda cute.

Some facts about Trixie the dog.

*She danced on her back legs when she wanted treats or to be picked up.
Kinda like this.

*She sang to the Sesame Street music.
And the telephone ringing.
*Sometimes my dad would get silly ideas. Like putting Trixie in the cupboard or on a shelf in my closet. She would just sit there, like it was just something she was supposed to do.
*She hated swimming.
But loved riding on the back of the snowmobile.  Sometimes my dad would take her for rides on the icy lake.  When he would make a sharp turn, Trixie would slip off the machine and slide across the ice.
Then she would get back on for another ride.
*Trixie didn't mind sleeping like this.
*Trixie did not like my brother.  Probably because he was little, and hyper and only interested in bugging her.
*Trixie enjoyed motorcycle rides.
But hated being on a leash.
*I used to dress her up in my Cabbage Patch Kid clothes.
Gosh darn, I wish I had a picture to show you.
*Sometimes Trixie got fleas.  I used to make flea traps with bowls of vinegar or sugar water and bright lights.  It was like Christmas morning waking up to see how many fleas I caught overnight.
Ew.
*As my beloved dog got older, she lost her hair.
Not just a little bit of hair, but so much hair that I was too embarrassed to have friends over because they would laugh at her and I didn't want her to feel bad about the way she looked.
The best part was that her huge bald spot exposed her very large birthmark.
*And she also started to stink.
Not just a little bit of stink, but so much stink that many people didn't want to get near her.
My poor baby.
I still loved her though.
*I think she was 16 or 17 when she finally went to Heaven.
*She only loved me. 
*I miss her.
 
Joining Mamakat today.  She has a cute dog. 

5 comments:

mj said...

Aw, what a cutie! I'm glad you had so many good years with her.

Dropping in from Mama Kat's!

Lisa said...

Sounds like you made a lot of great memories with Trixie. :)

W. Latane Barton said...

Aw, I am not a dog person but that post just touched my heart.

Ginny Marie said...

Trixie sounds like such a good dog! It must have been fun to write down all your memories of her. :)

Mama Kat said...

Oh man, Trixie must have been in pretty bad shape if you were embarrassed to bring friends over. At least you have wonderful memories of life with her!