April 28, 2009

Happy Birthday!

There once was young beautiful Momma.

Not me. *cough*

MY Momma!

She married her handsome Prince and had a baby girl.

Me.

Then she had a baby boy.

My brother.

Now that I am a Momma myself, I now realize the hard work she put in. The long hours. The endless days and nights. All with a smile on her face....most of the time.

I now realize the love she had for us. The sacrifices she made in her own life.



I now understand why she would get angry when her house would get messy 5 minutes after she spent hours cleaning it. I also understand why she wasnt the happiest person to be around on Sundays while she was cleaning.

Cleaning sucks.

Now that I am a Momma, I appreciate her. I appreciate everything she did for us growing up. I appreciate everything she still does for us.

She is a good Momma.

She deserves the vacation she is on right now.

Even though I am not there too.





Happy Birthday to my young beautiful Momma.


I leave you with pictures.










xo


Scroll down for my other Tribute post




post signature

7 comments:

Heatherlyn said...

Isn't it nice that she can be on vacation for her birthday? I love the old pictures, too!

The Blonde Duck said...

Popped in from SITS to say hi! What a gorgeous post!

H.K. said...

What a beautiful tribute to your mom! I didn't appreciate all the work my mom did for me, until after I became a mom!

Lisa@saltandlightstudio said...

She's a looker that momma of yours!

BlogBaby

Unknown said...

Isn't it funny that you just take it for granted until you realize how much work it is?! yikes! :-) this is a beautiful, sweet tribute - thanks for sharing!

Jenni said...

Happy Birthday to your mom! What a beautiful tribute!

Casey's trio said...

Thanks for stopping by today....I bet your momma loves this post! Happy birthday to her!