October 27, 2009

This baby-making Momma is done.

Two and a half years ago I had baby fever. I wanted another baby. I didn't feel finished. I wanted to enjoy a pregnancy. I wanted to relax and look forward to another little one to love and care for.


Two years ago I was pregnant. I had acne. I was fat. I worried about everything. I was constipated. I wasn't sleeping. I was hormonal.

But I was excited to have another little one to love and care for.

The pregnancy part sucked.

I know, I know. I should say that I loved every second of it and it was a magical time of my life. I should say that carrying a baby inside me was the most wonderful time of my life and I enjoyed every feeling.

It was magical.
I was blessed.

But I was never happier than having my new baby girl outside of my body.

And now, 18 months later, when I see pregnant women, I want to hug them, I want to tell them that as uncomfortable as they are at this time of their life, it is all worth it in the end. I want to buy them chocolate and tell them I know it is tough right now but soon they will have the best gift they could ever imagine. I want to tell them that eventually they will sleep....and poop.


I want to tell them that they are blessed.


But I wouldn't tell them that I never, ever want to be pregnant again.




post signature

8 comments:

Kimi said...

Ahhh the joys of pregnancy and motherhood. Everytime I see a pregnant woman I get this stab of sympathy.

Unknown said...

I am RIGHT THERE with you and I'm only 4 wks. postpartum. But yeah, so NOT doing the preggers thing again...

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

hahaha! I'm right there with you. I get so sick when I'm pregnant for the first five months. But like you said, it's totally and completely worth it. And now that I have my little girl and my little boy, I'm content and very seriously doubt I'll be headed down that road again. :)

Heatherlyn said...

I'm done too. Although, I liked being pregnant because my body was all balanced and everything worked totally right. All my hormones were right when I was pregnant. But the afterward part ... very tiring. I think I'd lose my mind if I had another child to keep track of. I have all the kids I can handle. They are so wonderful. Sometimes I wish I could have more. But I know my limitations. :) Sure glad you had Princess. What would you do without her?!!

Shana Putnam said...

I loved being pregnant. you know, except for the PUPPS rash, carpal tunnel, sciatica, dizzy spells and sleep issues. No seriously, I always say I loved being pregnant. Hubby says how did you love it you were miserable. But even though i had issues I was so thrilled. I never thought I would be pregnant. It took 12 years. Although I did tell God I was just joking and he didn't have to take me seriously when I said I would gladly puke for 9 months straight if I could just have a baby...lol. 10 weeks, 24 hours a day was enough.

koreen (aka: winn) said...

It must be a total myth: the whole loving the pregnancy thing, whole body just glowing, etc, etc. I've only experienced and seen discomfort. Nobody I've met actually LIKES the experience of being preggers. I'd have to say the best part of it was getting to the front of any line in a public bathroom, but even THAT wasn't guaranteed. :(

And now I pee when I cough or laugh. Enough said.

Jen said...

I get this, I totally do. And well, I would like to cuddle and snuggle a little baby again and maybe be pregnant once again, I only want to do it for a day. Then I want to be done.

Kekibird said...

I've heard this a few times over from friends. It's all a personal experience and different people experience it differently.

I'd like to go around one more time because I'm one of those odd ducks that enjoyed the pee-fest at 2am in those last 3 months.