June 06, 2011

Random

If you asked me 20 years ago where I wanted to be at the age of 36, I never would have answered living on a farm.
But that is where I am.
With horses, bunnies, dirty children, a smelly dog and now two cats.
DSC_0189
Give me strength to accept all that I have been given and adjust to the life I never expected.
DSC_0190
I expected to be living in a town, on a small lot with neighbours close by. Not in the country with a garden the size of a small lot.
DSC_0196
I never expected to own horses. And horse bling bling. And horse buggies.
DSC_0168
I expected to walk my small dog through my neighbourhood full of houses on busy streets. Not have horses pull my family up and down the country road we live on.
DSC_0172
DSC_0187
Never, ever, in my wildest imagination would I have pictured the life I am now living.  Give me strength to adjust to the constant change in my life while allowing myself the chance to breathe and appreciate it all.

Amen.

7 comments:

Holly Diane said...

I can't tell from the post if you like living on a farm or not, it kinda sounds like maybe not. I grew up in a farming community but never really lived on a farm..so of course that makes me WANT to ! :) I'd love to not have neighbors so close I can see in their windows.

Momma@Live. Laugh. Pull your hair out said...

I am enjoying it alot more than I thought I would. It is just a huge adjustment and alot of work...........

kt moxie said...

Wow. Adorable kittens and gorgeous horses. Looks like life turned out pretty good!

Gigi said...

Life does seem to lead us into places we never thought we'd go - doesn't it?

Jenners said...

Funny how life works out like that. Those kittens are sooooo cute!

Unknown said...

I'm thinking you have it pretty good, my dear. When are you holding summer camp again? I need to mark my calendar... ;P

OneMommy said...

At 36, too, I also never expected to be in the country... It's funny where life leads us. And now that I'm here, I can't imagine being any where else to raise my kids.