December 28, 2014

Get lost 2014

Wow.
To say I am shocked that people still read my stuff is an understatement.
Thank you for sticking with me after months and months of me standing you up....kinda sorta.

I am so effing happy that 2014 is almost over.  Next to losing my daddy in 2012, this year has completely sucked big fat hairy balls and can ride off into the sunset and be forgotten.
Just like jelly shoes....
....Milli Vanilli....
....and Rainbow Brite.

Dear 2014.
F U.
Love Me.

Despite the crappyness of the past 6 months, I have been told by many, many people that I seem more relaxed and happier than I ever have been.

I am.
Finally.

The truth is, I was living a life that I did not enjoy.  I tried my hardest to be the person I thought I should be.  I tried my hardest to make others happy.

But realized that I was not living the life I wanted.  I was not the person I wanted to be.  I was not happy.  It took a big fat punch to my gut for me to realize it, but, who cares now.  I realized it and acted on it because if I know anything after losing my daddy, it is that life is too fucking short to be unhappy.

*side note.  I did not get punched in the gut.  It just felt that way at the time.

Soooooooo........my plan for 2015?

To be me.
To find happiness.  I am already starting.
To live simply.
To love harder than I have ever loved before.  Myself and others.
To be a happy mom for my kids, even if it means saying no sometimes and teaching them that life isn't always rainbows and candy.
To get a job.  HA.

Amen  Hallelujah to new beginnings.

5 comments:

Gigi said...

I'm sorry it's been such a tough year for you. Here's to 2015 being a brighter year for all of us.

Foursons said...

Of course we still read! You are fabulous my dear. I hate to hear that you've had such a rough go of it. 2015 is going to be YOUR year, I'm sure of it.

Anonymous said...

Good God! For many crappy reasons 2014 has been kicked to the curb! Moving forward. Patty/NS

The Lovely One said...

2015 is going to be the year that ROCKS!

Mrs Shoes said...

I found you through the Rural Co-op; hope to see you back writing in 2015.
http://lifeatthe4shoes.blogspot.ca/