January 07, 2010

Changing

This post was inspired by MamaKat. Go here to check out more.

Describe what you would change about yourself if you could.

That is the prompt given by the marvelous MamaKat and I have decided to change it up a bit, only because I dont want to bore you to death and keep you here all day with things I would like to change about moi.


Yes, I want to lose weight.....the cellulite.....have perkier boobs...less wrinkles....and all of the other stuff you would expect me to write about.

But today I shall give you all of the things my children would change about me if they could.



*Apparently I am the meanest mom in the entire Universe so I need to work on becoming a little nicer.




*I am told that they wish I wasnt their mother so I guess I need to look for some crazy person to take my place




*I should stock the cupboards with candy and gum because that is what they need to live




*Apparently I need to allow my almost 8 year old boy to invite 3 twelve year old girls to his birthday party or he will run away from home




*I also need to stop waking my almost 8 year old son up so early in the morning because he doesnt want to go to school. His stomach hurts.




*I need to lose weight




*And have another baby




*Play with each child whenever they ask and do whatever they want....even if that includes wrestling




*Apparently I dont know anything so need to get some sort of education to meet my children's standards




I have a great idea. How about I look for another "job"? One where I am appreciated and loved unconditionally....even if I dont give them candy for dinner.




Hmph.



post signature

15 comments:

Mama Wheaton said...

Do we share the same kids? My three boys are 10,13 and 14 but I would say they feel and communicate the same complaints. Keep your job they tell me that later on down the road we will be appreciated (though I'd rather it was now).

The Semi-Domesticated Mama said...

Love it! Amazingly, we have some of those same complaints at my house.

Michelle said...

LOL...they wouldnt like your replacement either.

Over from Mama Kat's.

koreen (aka: winn) said...

But hey, they didn't mention anything about cellulite or wrinkles, so YOU WIN!

Ha ha ha ha ha!

Those kids are such a "reality check"! You must be doing a great job... being such a mean mom and all. ;)

Jayde said...

My daughter tells me that I'm mean occasionally but i's usually only playful. I have had it pretty good that my children hav always seemed to appreciate me. Now that they are moving into the teen years, that may change though. Wish me luck!

Charlene said...

At least they didn't mention the wrinkles or your boobs...that might've been the boiling point!

Jessica said...

I can't believe you aren't all of those things already. I mean, your kids would be completely right about all of that. You would then be the PERFECT mother, right? :)

It reminds me of being around my 6 year old sister last night. She was scared to show me something she'd gotten a bad grade on because she knew that I would be mad...not her mom, but me. Her mother can be a pushover...maybe your kids would want to switch...?

Foursons said...

Good luck with that job hunt and when you find it let me know where so I can get a job there too!

Kekibird said...

Now I'm curious what my almost 4 year old would say.

Heatherlyn said...

You are sooooo funny.

Really, in about 20 years your kids will look back and realize that you were amazing and wonder how you did it. You might wonder too!!!! :)

Liz Mays said...

Candy and gum...I never knew they contained such valuable sustenance. Your children are wise little owls. ;)

Jodie said...

Lol. I loved this post!
-Jodie

Just Lisa said...

My kids are way younger, but they're starting young! I feel like they're already interviewing for my replacement!

Viv said...

Wow! You are brave. I don't think I would ever offer myself up to the kids like that, I am pretty sure that my ego couldn't take it.

Jenners said...

Ha! I can so relate to this post! My son invented his own planet where he can escape my oppressive ways and the burdens of living here on planet earth!!