April 13, 2010

Motherhood

Let me just get this out there.
A Perfect Mother does not exist.
Ok.
Now I will move on.

We all have good intentions when we see that little pink line on the pee test.
We all believe we will always make the right decisions.
Because we are Mothers.

Drink the soda while pregnant or not?
Epidural or natural?
Co-sleep or not?
Cloth diapers or disposable?

It seems so easy.
Until we throw in real life and throw out fantasy world.
Motherhood is hard.
Frickin hard.
Motherhood is 24 hours a day, 7 days a week without any breaks or pay cheques.
Motherhood is a commitment. We don't realize how much of one until we are Mothers.

The decisions never end.
Bottle or boob?
Homemade baby food or store bought?
Private or public school?
Stay at home or work and pay a babysitter?

By far, that has been the toughest decision I have made as a Mother.
But the best one.
Because the three of these children have been raised at home by parents who are committed to giving them the best possible life they can.
Even if they make some bad decisions along the way.









14 comments:

Heather Burton said...

It is so true! But I know that I've done a great job when my girls say "Mom, you are the best mom in the whole world." Then I asked them why they think that. You know what their response was? "Because you take care of everything like feed our fish, pick up Ottis dog pooh, walk the dog & make us lunch!"

Jen said...

I liked this post very, very much. It really spoke to me.

Buckeroomama said...

Well said! Motherhood is the biggest challenge I've taken on... and by far, it's the most fulfilling!

Michelle said...

We may not get paid, but it is so worth it in the end. :)

Cecily R said...

I'm with Jen. This is a fantastic post.

Shana Putnam said...

Wonderful post. So true.

Heatherlyn said...

I love this post! It is so true on every single level!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am a mommy to a 15 year old girl. When I read your blog, it made me very, very tired! And, yes, after school I will be dealing with: should she drive me home or should I drive home? Should she go to the canal with her friends or should she stay home with her mommy? Should she wear that cute "little" swimming suit or should she wear a more "covering" swimming suit? IT...NEVER...ENDS!!! Love ya, Kristina

Unknown said...

I have a friend who decided she didn't want kids b/c she didn't want to have to worry about someone for THE REST OF HER LIFE. Those were her exact words. But then I think of what she's missing and it's SO MUCH... You don't understand ANY of it until you become a parent yourself.

Nice post.

Jenn said...

Well said Momma! Excellent post!

Foursons said...

What? You're not perfect? Wow- that must be so hard.

Jenners said...

Well said!

Colette S said...

I love reading this and such a sweet photo of the little ones.

girlytwins said...

So so true! Love this post. It is the most demanding and rewarding job on the planet.