May 12, 2010

Some days parenting really bites the big one

The boys and I had a rough night.
Fighting.
Cursing.
Not listening.
Them, not me
I just couldn't take it anymore.
So they were sent to bed at 6pm.
And while in their room, they wrote me some letters, folded the papers up into a paper airplane and threw them downstairs.
This is what they said.

I am going to keep these letters.
And when they have their own children, I may just bring these out, and let them know I understand how tough parenting is.


And then I will go home to my quiet house.



*This post can also be seen at my 365 blog

11 comments:

Foursons said...

Nice.

koreen (aka: winn) said...

Sorry, but this made me laugh. The part about how some day you'll go home to your quiet house. You know how to tell a story. =)

Cyndy Bush said...

Sometimes it is truly a thankless job.
xoxo

Gigi said...

Oh yes, save the evidence for use at a later time. That's always my motto.

Jen said...

Ah, Momma that is not good. I am sorry.

I am sure that my time will come too.

I hope wine helped.

Shauna said...

Did they send the apology note at the same time as the other 2?

Looks like a good reason to not teach kids how to write. :)

Anonymous said...

Save them. They will make you laugh in a couple of months. :)

Jenners said...

I'm sorry but this cracked me up. Surely you see the humor in these now...

Sandi said...

I am so glad that I am not the only mom who is being hated by her children this week. Thank you for sharing.

Momlissa said...

I am so glad to hear that I'm not the only one who hears these things from her children. lol. Those are classic!

Heatherlyn said...

This is a WONDERFUL post!!! You have a great sense of perspective. I'm glad you are saving them. They will REALLY appreciate those someday! :)