September 03, 2010

September 3, 2009

I wrote this post last September, a few weeks after loved ones lost their beloved Kevin tragically to a freak accident.  On the one year anniversary of losing this young, handsome newlywed, I post it again.

Why?  Because he will never be forgotten.  And his newlywed wife is still missing her husband dearly and needs all of the prayers and support she can get.



5 months ago this couple was preparing for the best day of their lives. Their wedding in Jamaica with many of their closest family and friends.
They were full of joy, happiness and excited to begin their new life as husband and wife.
They were married on the beach on a picture perfect day.
Their life had begun.
Kevin, just 30 and Alison 26.

Alison's mother and my mother have been close friends since they were little girls.
Alison's grandmother was a very close friend of my grandmother.
Our families have been bonded for over 50 years.
To me, Alison is family.

At 30 years old, married less than 4 months, Kevin was tragically taken from his newlywed bride and best friend.

To say that his family and friends are devastated is an understatement.

Not only is Alison grieving but she is also paying for a wedding and a funeral. At the age of 26.

26.
 I cannot imagine.
But what I do know is that Alison is loved by many and is stronger than anyone I know.
She will be just fine.
Because we all know that Kevin is "here".
And will never be forgotten.





4 comments:

Foursons said...

I remember this post from last year. I pray for peace and comfort beyond understanding on this day of remembrance.

Shana Putnam said...

I remember this too. How is she doing? Is she making it financially? I know the emotional part is so hard. God bless her.

Jenners said...

I remember this. So tragic. Hope her life is coming together in some small little way after such a smashing down of everything.

Hilary said...

I remember when you first posted this. It still breaks my heart.