January 04, 2012

Favourite Photos of 2011


By now, I probably don't need to tell you how important I think it is to take pictures.
Of your life.
Your surroundings.
Your family/friends.
Moments.
Nothing makes me happier than capturing moments that brought about an emotion.
Expressive photography is what I like to call it.
I am sure that is what all of the professionals call it too.
And, yes, I really do get giddy when I look at pictures taken years ago and it brings me right back to that exact moment and emotion.
It makes my heart happy.
Because that is why I took that picture in the first place.
Duh.
 
Anyways, I went back through all of my thousands of photographs taken in the year 2011 and picked my favourites. A very difficult task for someone who takes so many pictures of events and emotions I wanted to remember.
Sure, most of them aren't the best quality but there is a reason why I love each and every one of them.
Sit down. Stay awhile.
And I will tell you why.
 
Duke the Horse looking handsome and distinguished
Obviously I took hundreds of photographs of the newest members of the famdamily, but this one sticks out
because, deep down in my heart I believe at this very moment, Duke was saying "OK, bitch, I will give you this perfect photo if you just stop following me around calling me Dukers."  
DSC_0509
All three children sitting beside each other without hitting/biting/yelling is a moment to remember.
And this day was one of my most favourite of the entire year.
We went for a hike in the woods.
Princess wore pants.
Princess refused to wear a coat and whined alot.
All three children whined about all of the walking.
And my husband wore his big, clunky work boots.
Ahhh.....the memories.
 DSC_0184
This is joy
and pure happiness
all rolled into one photograph.
Me loves it.
DSC_0053
My daughter and my grandmother in the same unposed photograph at my favourite place in the Universe.
I think I took about 27 pictures just like this because I wanted to absorb the moment.
This will be treasured forever.
DSC_0800  
A spur of the moment photograph that showcases Rowdy's personality, handsome face
and fashion taste.
And those green eyes make even his Mommy amazed that she had a part in creating him.
DSC_0744  
Oldest and youngest child.
She worships the ground he walks on...
...and he protects her every move.
DSC_0673  
Eyelashes.
Quiet moment.
Beauty.
dsc_0053  
Ike the Horse and I are thisclose.
He is a rascal.
He displays alot of inappropriate behaviour that reminds me alot of a child going through a difficult phase.
But it makes me love him even more because he has personality.
And smiles when I bring out the Nikon.
Now tell me this photo didn't stir up a happy emotion when you saw it??
DSC_0261  
Feet.
In Cuba.
This week was one of my proudest..
scariest...
and most emotional of the entire year.
My little brother got married.
I took pictures.
My little brother got married.
It still makes me tear up.
DSC_0452  
My family.
In Cuba.
The day my little brother got married.
Without getting too emotional, let me just say that this photograph evokes MANY emotions.
Including sadness over my face lines.
Whatever.
DSC_0250  
Heaven on Earth.
I must move there.
And live happily ever after.
DSC_0225

OK.
That's it.
The End.
For Now.

Photobucket

8 comments:

Adrienne said...

Great collection of shots. Loved the narration!

Gigi said...

This was great! I loved them all too - but the one where Ike is smiling made me laugh.

Jennifer said...

I had to remind myself that you live in Canada. For a minute I was like, how did she go to Cuba? Maybe one day... I've heard it is beautiful.

I like the smiley horse, and I don't even really like horses.

Tonya said...

Very nice photos. And wherever heaven on earth is, I must move there too!

Mrs. Bird said...

Great post! I love those imperfect but perfect shots, too :)

Jenners said...

Oh I just loved this!!!

Unknown said...

I enjoyed them all for different reasons but yes, the horse smile is SO great! And that last one. Gah, so beautiful!!!

Unknown said...

Lovely pics, happy 2012!