February 09, 2012

Momma-1 Princess-0


I did it.
Many have done it before.
But I have never done it with my dearest, sweet, diva daughter.

I locked her out of the house.
Yep, I did.
DSC_0636
I walked away from my beauty who was screaming, stomping and throwing.
I walked straight into the house and locked the door behind me.

I left her out there doing the ugly cry.
She was wearing her snowsuit.
And no boots.
Whatever.

She continued to yell at me.
Scream at me.
Bang on the door.
DSC_0637
For about 20 minutes.

Until she finally stopped and picked up her boots like I asked her to before the whole ordeal began.
I then explained why I did what I did.
We hugged.
And kissed.
And wiped the boogers away.
But................
I have one regret.
Poor Studley was stuck out there with her.
DSC_0624


*Note to self. Clean the windows.
*Dear Neighbours. I am sorry for all of the noise.
*Parenting Experts. Please know that my child and dog were in clear view at all times. At no point was any minor unsupervised or in danger. I was just teaching my demanding daughter that screaming and yelling will not get her what she wants.
*Studley is cute. I know.
*I love my daughter, even though she can irritate every nerve in my body
*Have you checked out my photography blog?  Check it out.  Follow it.  Pass it on to your friends.
 
Have a nice day.
 



Give me your best shot at Better in BulkPhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and Lolli

10 comments:

Cecily R said...

Sometimes, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I had a stand off like that last night--early this morning--with Evie. I won too. Yay us!!

Cecily R said...

By the way, my stand off wasn't outside in the middle of the night. But it WAS a stand off. And I DID win. :)

Unknown said...

Sometimes your point just has to get across and if lockin' 'em out is how it's going to happen, then it's all good.

Poor Studley... ;P

Daogreer Earth Works said...

I love that you've answered all of the questions before they were asked!

Gigi said...

I've never locked mine out - but that's not to say I wouldn't have. We've had our standoffs through the years and he's learned - Mama WILL win.

SeaThreePeeO said...

Poor Studley, his face says it all! ;)

I do the ignoring bit until the tears have gone and they're willing to talk it through.

Herding Cats

http://seathreepeeo.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

Bravo!

Jenners said...

I don't think you have to justify this … at least not to other moms. We all get it!

Heatherlyn said...

Hopefully with little lessons like that she will be a much more reasonable teenager someday! :) Cute little girl and cute dog, even when she's crying! :)

Kelly Deneen Raymond said...

Oh, girl. It is SO hard to walk away from our kids when they are being naughty, but it was the right thing to do! You did a good job, and I am sure your neighbors understand.

p.s. your dog is totally cute.