July 07, 2012

This is a post about ducks. Just because.

DSC_0223
Let me give you some back story before I go on talking about ducks.
My family is lucky enough to have some lakefront property on what I consider to be the prettiest little lake in all of Ontario.
When I am there, I am happy.
Calm.
Relaxed.
DSC_0224
It is my Heaven on Earth.
At this Heaven on Earth, there are many families of ducks that come by throughout the day to say hi, sleep...
DSC_0226
...or just sit and wait until we throw them some bread.
I believe that they like us and think we are the nicest non-ducks around.
DSC_0227
We welcome them and love them even though they don't come close enough for cuddles and kisses.
One day they will though....I just know it.
DSC_0228
And then I will become the crazy duck lady.
DSC_0229
Have I told you that I enjoy ducks?
I would like some of my own but am afraid the coyotes would get them.

Jerks.
They ruin all of my fun.
Ni Hao Yall

3 comments:

Mary said...

I enjoy your duck pics.

Gigi said...

Coyotes always ruin the fun.

Stefanie said...

Lovely! I dig ducks, too :)
Thanks for joining in Sunday Snapshot this week!