April 11, 2013

It was a doozy of a week. Doozy is my new favourite word.

OK, peeps.
Enough with the emails.
I am OK.  I am alive.
I have just been busy.
Busy=playing Candy Crush.
Whatever.

I have been stuck on level 147 for about 3295649367 days and am thisclose to deleting the game from all electronics in my home, but..... it just grabs me.  Gets a hold of my brain.  Convinces me that if I play just one more time, I will pass the level.

And then I don't.

And then I hate myself for playing it.
And go into a deep depression because there are so many other things I should be doing.

Anyways, this week has been a doozy on my very unstable mental health.

Jersey the dog had to go to the vet so we could pay her hundreds of dollars to tell us what we already knew.  He has an ear infection.  And he has licked his butt hole so much that it is now red and inflamed.

Why he licks his anus area, we don't know, but now we have to glove up and apply meds to his poop hole twice a day.

And he has to wear underwear.
Shoot me now.

* My family attended an Evening of Remembrance at the hospital that treated my Daddy last year. The pianist was the Palliative Care Doctor who told us that they had no other options for my Daddy and our time with him was going to end.

True story. I wanted to punch him in the face.

As the Chaplin talked about grief,  I wanted to scream.
Because, in my fragile state of mind I couldn't help but be angry that God took my dad at such a young age.

My young Mother was surrounded by widows and widowers probably 20+ years older.
My brother and I were placing a butterfly on a tree for a father who should be alive for another 20+ years.

Anyways.........

I got pulled over by a police officer the other night because I was driving without my lights on....at 930pm.
True story.  I rarely drive my husbands car at night.
My vehicle has automatic lights.  My husbands car does not.
True story.  I didn't even realize I was driving without the lights on....at 930pm.
 
Duh.

The nice police officer was a dear friend's husband. {thankeffinggawd}
Apparently I was {unknowingly} driving in the worst area of the city/town without my lights on at 930pm.
Suspicious, maybe?

True story.
It was just me.  A 37 year old mom of three, trying to take a shortcut home in a vehicle not driven often...without lights on.

Hold me.

Pumpkins and watermelons have been planted indoors and are awaiting the big day they get placed in the outdoor garden.
Today it is snowing.
Dear April.
You suck.

My husband and I are addicted to Dateline/48 Hours and 20/20.  Our evening entertainment involves marathons of true crime television.

I am waiting for the episode about the mother of three who drove through the seediest part of town with no lights on.

Ugh.
Give me your best shot at Better in BulkPhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and Lolli
 


11 comments:

Gigi said...

I am also a Dateline/48 Hours addict. So much so that Hubby's first thought when he can't reach me (because my stupid phone didn't ring) he immediately figured I'd been kidnapped and murdered.

Cecily R said...

I'm so sorry you struggled with the Evening of Remembrance. I can't imagine.

Your indoor starter garden looks awesome! I really wish my thumb wasn't black-ish. Sigh. (:

Nancy said...

When my hubby was working out of town, I became a 48 hours addict myself. Now that he's home and controls the remote, let's just say WE don't watch it anymore. :(

Monkeywrangler said...

Poor Jersey! Instead of the Cone of Shame, he has the Undies of Shame!

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

I'm sorry the evening of remembrance was so difficult.

Poor Jersey. I hope he feels better soon!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Poor Jersey- hope he recovers soon!

Mary said...

Aw.. poor pup. I hope he gets better fast.

I love the true crime shows too. I especially like the 48 hours mysteries. And double especially when it comes to a guilty spouse. Why is that i wonder? :)

Jennifer said...

I had to delete Candy Crush from everything and block it on Facebook. I woke up and realized that it was stealing ALL of my time. I wasn't reading or writing or doing anything of substance, and it was all because of that stupid game.

Foursons said...

I'm sorry to hear the service at the hospital went poorly. I think our dads were the same age and yes, it DOES suck not having that extra 20 years.

FYI- stay out of the seedy side of town. It's not safe. :)

Unknown said...

My husband told me after day 2 of playing CC, not to even go there. And thankfully, I listened to him for once. ;)

Sorry you had to put a butterfly on that tree. xo

Jenners said...

I just spent 2 MONTHS on Level 65 of Candy Crush … just got past it last night and thought it was a miracle.

All the others stuff … hugs.