February 28, 2014

Random

The last few days can just go bite it.
The weather.
My lumpy, bumpy body in a bathing suit.
My children growing up.
I want to go back to summer 2010 please and thank you.

*Today it was so cold and windy and snowy that I could only see a few feet in front of my vehicle. As I drove my shitmobile to do groceries I was wondering why the hell I was driving to the grocery store on such a craptastic day. I mean, really, we couldve survived 24 more hours without some raspberries and hummus.

It was a stupid idea.
Except I really wanted hummus.

*This

*The boys told me they don't believe in the Easter Bunny/Santa/Tooth Fairy and I almost did the ugly cry.  I have dreaded this day since 2002, and, then, in a casual conversation it came up.

Like I said.
Lets go back to 2010.

*Sometimes I feel guilty when the horses are outside in the cold.  But then I see them run and play and then they run away from me when I come to the barn door which tells me they are happy.
Happy horses make me happy.

*While at the waterpark the other day when I looked all lumpy, bumpy and cottage-cheesey, I glanced at my three babies and noticed something.
They aren't babies anymore and it makes me sad.

And then I thought about the fact that I carried each of them inside my imperfect body.....
 and how perfect all three of them are....
 and that maybe its OK my body doesn't look like a supermodel.....
....because my body made this.
And that's all that matters.

Wow.
That was deep.

Give me your best shot at Better in BulkPhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and Lolli

11 comments:

Monkeywrangler said...

I know how you feel, especially about the kids growing up so fast! I miss the little ones, now that they are almost teens!

Suburban Girl said...

:) Love the gorilla...that's how I feel in front of the mirror with anything on!

tiarastantrums said...

yep - so true!

Anonymous said...

I can definitely relate to the bathing suit picture!

I remember telling my parents that I didn't believe in Santa or the others. Then I was told that I might get coal in my Christmas stocking for saying that, and I took it back!

The horses are lovely!

Marianna said...

Your horses are lovely. One of my favorite things is to watch horses run and play when the weather is to their liking.

I know exactly how you feel about both the bathing suit thing and about kids growing up!

Gigi said...

VERY deep and so true. Now if only we can remember that while trying on bathing suits!

Margie said...

Beautiful horses and children. A sad day when the magic is over…time to just celebrate the season and not the holiday.

Sarah Huizenga said...

Those three cuties are worth every lump and bump and piece of cottage cheese. None of us will ever be happy with our bodies.

Big Rigs 'n Lil' Cookies said...

Beautiful kids, and happy horses. You should be happy, you have done well!

Nancy said...

It's definitely more challenging around the holidays when the kids no longer buy the myths. Great shots of Ike and Duke. :)

Ida said...

I hear you on the "Bathing Suit" issue, I tried one on last summer and let's just say I was glad that I was the only one who saw how I looked in it.
Kids do grow up so quickly. Thankfully Coleen still believes in Santa, and the tooth fairy.
Not so sure about the Easter Bunny.
Love your horses, they are gorgeous.