June 28, 2012

A Conversation with my 4 Year Old

"Tomorrow you have an appointment at the dentist."
"Why?"
"So she can clean your teeth and make sure you dont have any cavities."
"Why?"
"Because that is what dentists do."
"Why?"
"Because the stars are in the sky."
"Huh?"
DSC_0628
"I wish I had a pretty pink dress like you, Princess"
"Why?"
"Because I like pink."
"Why?"
"Because pickles are green."
"Huh?"
7024531685_f4bc7319b8_b
"Mom, can you play Play Doh wif me?"
"Sure, as soon as I am finished folding laundry."
"Why?"
"Because it needs to be folded so I can put the wet clothes in the dryer."
"Why?"
"Because flowers are pretty."
"Huh?"
AwhKQQGCIAAc56A
Does anyone else want to scream after these conversations?
Do you think it is fun to give answers that make absolutely no sense?
Am I a horrible parent?
I thought so.
Maybe I should teach her the correct words to this song.....but I love to hear her make up her own.
I am going to Hell.

Give me your best shot at Better in BulkPhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and Lolli
An Island Life

10 comments:

Cecily R said...

I do the same thing!! It always makes me laugh when I don't even get a "Huh?" out of one of my out there answers. :)

Foursons said...

Oh.my.word. That was HILARIOUS! Bwhahahahahahahaha. Don't ever teach her the words. It would be so wrong to take such cuteness out of this world.

Jen said...

Ok I LOVE that you give rediculous answers. I am totally going to start doing that... so much better that just saying Because.

I am Harriet said...

She's a cutie. Love the glasses.

Have a great weekend!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2012/06/hot-hot-hot-2/

Gigi said...

Dammit! I WISH I'd thought of giving random answers to all those "why" questions when mine was small! Pure genius!

{Shannon} said...

Yessss... my four year old daughter is the same way!! Why? How come? lol Curious little things... and I like how you throw her off! I'll have to try that!

David and Cathi said...

As a grandparent I adore those questions. I know that soon the questions will stop and the grandchild may be too busy with life to ask questions of me. ;D

Becca said...

I have never heard a parent give nonsense answers before...I'm amused!

kailani said...

Well, at least you know she was paying attention to what you were saying. LOL!

Jenners said...

Your technique is GENIUS! Love the big glasses!!