April 30, 2013

Smokey and the Woodpecker.

I am a cat person.
Let me rephrase that.
I am a barn cat person because cleaning litter boxes is probably the grossest thing a human can do.

One benefit of country living is having an unlimited supply of outdoor space for cats to do their business.
Just sayin.

I am not a bird person.
Let me rephrase that.
I am not a bird person unless there is a woodpecker on our property providing me with wonderful photo opportunities.

Another benefit of country living is having an abundance of trees for birds to sit in so I can take their picture.
DSC_0539
DSC_0541
DSC_0543

The cats appreciated the bird sighting too.
DSC_0547
But I am sure it was for a different reason.
DSC_0546

Country living is never boring.

****Public Service Announcement. No birds were harmed in the capturing of these photos. Birds are much faster than cats. Just in case you weren't sure.
Rurality Blog Hop #12


4 comments:

Gigi said...

LOL! Yup, country living isn't for the faint of heart, that's for sure!

Foursons said...

We love to see the male cardinals fly in our yard. I think birds are kinda creepy, but when they're bright red they sure are pretty to look at.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shots of the woodpecker. Patty/BC

Cyndy Bush said...

And that is why Sylvester never caught Tweety. =)
We have lots of beautiful cardinals around our place. Love them!
The cat came with my hubby and HE cleans the litter box. Love that too!